Sunday, October 12, 2014

Autumn Grace #12: Fall Fun for the Family and Appalachian Melody



Dear friends,

I've been writing about different things I've done with my kids lately, but none of them are particularly autumn-ish. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that. I like seasonal activities. It's a little more challenging here in central Florida since we don't exactly have an abundance of colorful autumn leaves or cool weather. But there are still things we can do.

Fortunately, there are so many ideas on the web!

Here are some lists that I've found:

For those who aren't into "big deal activities" check out this post by Sarah Bessey, who savors the quiet beauties of the season: October's Lady.

Larriland Farm in Maryland, 2012
I also created a photo post two years ago when I was visiting Maryland with my oldest daughter and my first two grandchildren: Apple Picking, Fritters, and Goofy Gourds at Larriland Farm





So there we go! I'll be choosing some great autumn activities to do with my family. How about you? What are you doing for fall?

Virginia Knowles
www.ThisMomGrowsUp.blogspot.com

P.S. Since we're actually talking about autumn in this post, here is one of my favorite songs from college days, "Appalachian Melody" by Mark Heard. I can't help but think of my daughter and son-in-law who are in Boone, North Carolina right now with their baby son, celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary, which is October 15. Happy anniversary Julia and Alex! 

2 comments:

  1. Fall is always my favorite time of year. We are looking forward to a few festivals that will be here soon. I'm sure we'll also squeeze in a quick trip to the pumpkin patch.

    Thanks so much for linking up to WYWW!

    ReplyDelete