Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Cottage Journal Magazine (Autumn Grace 2015)


The Cottage Journal is my favorite magazine. Maybe that's because I'm dreaming of downsizing to a quaint and cozy cottage when my kids are grown up! Or maybe it's because it is a beautiful publication full of gorgeous and doable home decorating ideas, as well as a few luscious recipes. The style leans toward tasteful vintage and country. Even if I can't use all of the ideas, I just love looking at them. Eye candy, for sure! I find plenty of new ways for using what I already have, too.

The Cottage Journal is published five times a year (quarterly, but with an extra winter issue) so after I purchased the fall edition in a store a few months ago, I had to wait patiently until the next one. I savored every page over and over. This is the one magazine that nearly always went with me in my tote bag for when I was waiting at appointments. There are only about 10 full page ads out of 129 pages total. The paper is heavy, high quality, and not overly glossy. Just the way I like it!

I decided to treat myself to a subscription. The Christmas issue arrived in my mailbox today. Ahhh!



I especially love the holiday tour of artist Mary Engelbreit's home, and later in the issue, a feature on her art and life.



Right now you can subscribe to The Cottage Journal for $22.95 per year. They also have a lovely web site with lots of great decorating and other homemaking ideas. You can sign up for their e-mail newsletter, too. You don't need to be a paid subscriber.

I'm not getting any compensation for writing this brief review. I just thought I'd share my joy! This one would make a wonderful Christmas gift.

Grace and peace,
Virginia Knowles

P.S. I just put my Autumn & Thanksgiving page back on my main blog. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment