Saturday, February 28, 2015

Blessed Are the Peacemakers



"Blessed are the peacemakers, 
for they will be called children of God." 
Matthew 5:9

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven
is first of all pure; then peace-loving, 
considerate, submissive, 
full of mercy and good fruit, 
impartial and sincere. 
Peacemakers who sow in peace 
reap a harvest of righteousness.
James 3:17-18


We have such a long way to go with this! I need the constant reminder!

I've been trying to teach myself chalkboard art, as I wrote about here: Chalkboard Art for Creative Communication. I went to Michael's Crafts this week and found a larger board with fluted edges. In the children's section, I found Crayola chalk in brighter colors than what I'd had before. In the future, I may buy some larger decorative wooden cut-outs and spray them with chalkboard paint. I'll have to practice spraying smaller pieces first. :-)

My youngest daughter sat down and worked on one of my smaller boards that I bought at Walmart around Christmastime. This is what she chose to write and draw.



We certainly need that message, too! 

Trust me on that one, will you?

Virginia Knowles


1 comment:

  1. Yes, peacemaking is a very important thing, AND keeping it involved in the Word of God is also a very good thing. I was raised very rapidly as a fighter...my dad got me doing that just as I turned 5...and I'm grateful that the Lord broke into my life when I was 20, almost 50 years ago. I'm a spiritual fighter now, and a peacemaker, but going around and about to bless and praise them for the Lord. You made me nod and smile. My most difficult stretch is because in our present-day world sinfulness has extremed and many don't think any of the sins are sins. Our whole world is now Sodom and Gomorrah. Worshiping and praising Him and sharing it with peacemaking and clearing sins. Sorry to yammer too long, but you really made me think. Bless you..

    ReplyDelete