Saturday, May 12, 2012

Aldi Product Review: Blueberry Pancakes and Syrup



This morning I wanted to take my youngest daughter (age 6) out to breakfast at Bob Evans since she's never been there and has asked about it, and all of the other younger kids were away from the house.  Unfortunately it didn't work out (not in the budget right now) but I had a great alternative.

One of my co-op students gave me a box of Aunt Maples blueberry pancake mix and a bottle of Berryhill wild blueberry syrup as a thank you gift for on the last day of class, which was Monday.   I figured we could do just as well as Bob Evans right in our own kitchen.  I whipped up a batch and they certainly are delicious.  The only thing I needed to add was water, and the oil for frying them in my skillet.  They came out nice and fluffy and yummy.  The syrup is thick, so it goes a long way. These brands are from Aldi, where I shop every week, so I know I'll be buying more of the same!

My friend Tonya has an on-going series of Aldi Product Reviews on her blog Mrs. T.'s Thoughts From a Titus 2 Mom.  She often includes recipes (such as stroganoff using Aldi sour cream) or preparation tips (such as how to cut up a fresh pineapple). Take a look!

You might also like my posts:
Virginia Knowles
www.ComeWearyMoms.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment