|Cardinal by Lydia Knowles (Oil Pastel, January 2012)|
I am thankful for thoughtful friends and thoughtful daughters.
Lydia is good with sculpture, too, like this Sculpey clay garden with corn, pumpkins, lettuce and teeny tiny carrots! The entire garden is only several inches wide. I think the white picket fence thingy originally came with a set of piggy salt and pepper shakers. Amazing!
|Sculpey garden by Lydia Knowles|
|Lydia, hard at work on the little garden|
Now that we've had our art and nature appreciation moment, I'd like to share with you a few Friday Favorites links! The first two links are for blogs by local friends whom I especially admire for being so intentional about raising children for Christ.
- Does Your Home Feel Organized? by Ginny Jacobson at Making the Most of Every Opportunity "....set a mission and vision with your husband for your family, home, and then evaluate how each room fits that"
- Home School Mom 4 Christ Blog a brand new blog by Teresa Bridges"My goal in home schooling is first and foremost to build godly character in my children, and to teach them to be hard workers.I spend my days teaching them to not to be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of the mind. I teach them to have the mind that was in Christ. The Bible tells us that as a man thinks in his heart so is he."
"There is so much to pray for that I really do pray all day. I am always finding something to pray for. So often we get caught up in the right time to pray and the right thing to say and the right this or that in prayer that we forget that it’s part of our walk with God."
- Oral Language Learning for Young Children
- "Truth Never Dies" (A Poem)
- Why the Church? (in the face of cynicism)
- 27 Million Slaves Today (human trafficking)
- Foggy Morning
- Leu Gardens Again! (a photographic post)
- Weekend Gratitude: Happy New Year and The Feast of the Holy Name
Click to see my other Project 52 photo challenge blog posts. Or, if you want individual posts, here is what I have so far:
That's enough for this week!
Join the Food on Fridays community at www.AnnKroeker.com!
(My post today doesn't have a recipe, but any post that mentions food can be linked. Mine just happens to be clay corn, pumpkins, lettuce and carrots!)