|My daughter with her little guy|
|Grandma loves you!|
- “No, I’m not going to back off! I want you to succeed in life, and this kind of behavior is only going to bring you down. I love you so much that I can’t let you get away with this.”
- “Let's take a look at those song lyrics. Does this kind of foul language really help you appreciate and love God's holiness more -- or not?"
- "No matter what he says or does or how you feel about it, you may not hit your brother. Be kind!”
- “Hand me the iPod and get back to your math! I don’t want you to get into a frantic crunch when it’s time to turn in your assignment.”
- “You may not yell at me to help you with your math problem when I'm working with your sister. You can be patient and wait your turn. See if you can do other problems on this page until then.”
- “You do not need to let your sister’s words control your attitude. The good news is that you have a choice and you can change. You can choose to be calm instead of angry.”
|My daughter's sweet rendition of a happy home! |
I love the sunshine and rainbow!
Other posts in this series:
Chapter 1: Why Well-Meaning Parenting Falls Short
Chapter 3: “A Secure Love”
Chapter 4: "A Significant Purpose"