Monday, May 25, 2020

Time -- and Time Again!


Dear friends,

In the last post, I featured my 10 minute video called Talking About Time which provided a simple framework for time management. In this edition, my topic is Time--and Time Again which is another look at time. The Greeks had at least two words for time, chronos, which is more quantitative and measurable, and kairos, which is more about being aware of the opportunities that each moment brings.




What I didn't specify in my story about waiting was that it was 70 minutes before I got my groceries from Walmart curbside pickup, and as you may remember, that was the second time I had tried that day! Phew! Usually it's just a few minutes!

In this video, I mentioned the book Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life by Anglican priest Tish Harrison Warren.

Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life


And before I go, I wanted to let you know I have another video post ready to go too, this one on Brainstorming and Problem Solving -- or how I keep my sanity when setting up for Zoom calls and video production with my phone. 

Until next time,
Virginia Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment